Thursday 9 February 2012

Touring Amsterdam by BIKE

As the snow clears, let's think of easier times on the streets of Amsterdam; when cycling around the city is less likely to result in slipping on ice and spreading your face across the road.


I've found a city tour on bicycle that looks quite good. For around £19.00, you can spend 3 hours visiting the local tourist attractions and little connecting areas, accompanied by a tour guide. The price includes bike and helmet hire.

You see, this seems like a really good idea for a normal, physically coordinated human being......for me, I'm not so sure. I hired one of Paris' "Bike Rental Program" bikes about 4 years ago; the VELIB. I 'rode' from my apartment a few blocks away to a restaurant. Must have fallen off about 15 times, nearly got hit my a car twice and generally irritated and embarrassed my friend who ended up pushing his bike most of the way, as it was the easiest way to 'supervise me'

..........maybe I could do an Amsterdam Bike Tour...........with a little practice first. Otherwise I would ruin 3 hours for everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment