Thursday 1 March 2012

Travel Insurance Time

I have been very focused and organised so far; even if I do say so myself.

Today I got my travel insurance through AA Travel Insurance; for both me and Andrew


We have the apartment for at 35 nights; add on our two travel days either side and that means 40 days minimum away from home. Turns out, the standards Multi or Single Trip Travel Insurance policies come with a stipulated maximum of 31 days per trip.

I found AA Travel Insurance which has 45 days as the maximum, which will cover me (good times). So I looked at the price of a Single Trip Policy; £55.00!!...... but......for a Multi Trip Annual Policy it was £26.00 (??)

I ended up getting Annual Multi Trip, 45 day maximum trip for £34.00 WITH the Excess waivered. That means that all our costs will be covered instead of paying the 'first £80.00'

I also arranged for Andrew's Multi Trip to cover him for maximum 90 days at a time. That means if he is working, he won't have to come home before 90 days if he's unable to. 

£96.00 for the both of us. Very easy to sort out.....the price did sting a little, but it was the best for what we need and we're covered for a full year. 

And hopefully neither of us will end up like the cocktail clutching chap above

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I enjoyed reading this post. The whole blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here Thanks..Also visit my page Travel medical insurance Protect Travel is a travel insurance company.

    ReplyDelete