Tuesday 6 March 2012

Top 10 Questions about Amsterdam...

.........that people ask me. This is not made up. These questions have formed the main bulk of my conversations over the last few weeks

1) Are you going to smoke pot all day long?
No I don't smoke, but it's nice to know that you think that only thing a blonde Irish person would like to do in a mutli-cultural exciting city is get zonked out of her head


2) Are you going to get a window in the Red Light District?
Whilst I'm flattered that you think I could make a favourable living and enjoyable career as an entertaining 'Lady of the Night' No. I'm not going to Amsterdam to S*** D***


3) Are you going to work in a cheese factory?
...eating cheese does not involve employment in the cheese factory. No


4) Are you going to work in a Windmill?
People, I have a job. I am not going to sell my body, sell cheese or sell...Windmill rides. Or whatever people do who work in Windmills


5) Hehehehe do you like Tulips?
I am indifferent to Tulips. I don't dislike them; however I don't think 'love of tulips' is necessary to prove to get through passport control


6) Why are you going to Amsterdam, why don't you stay in the Isle of Man?
I love the Isle of Man, but I am also aware there is more to the world than the local Newspaper and 'One Colour, One Gene Pool' society


7) What about your mum? What will she do without you?
My mother is a grown woman that I will video link with everyday on Skype. I will also be back very frequently as it's £100 return from here. I am not emigrating on a boat to Australia in 1952.


8) Are you going anywhere else in Europe?
Yes, I will go and see some friends in Paris and hopefully take a few days trips to other cities


9) Aren't you worried about Andrew being distracted by all those gorgeous Dutch women?
No. I plan to observe and appreciate the local male produce to the fullest extent, boarding on inappropriate voyeurism. So I fully expect Andrew to do the same.


10) Are you looking forward to all those gorgeous tall blonde Dutch men everywhere?
See Question 9

No comments:

Post a Comment