Sunday 4 March 2012

Handy Hints for Travel Insurance

So I spent last week calling around Travel Insurance companies (as you know) and got sorted with AA (the Insurance people, not the alcohol people)

I asked one insurance company person 'if I loose my bag, how do I prove what was in the bag?'.....'I could say I had £800 worth of clothes, but how to I prove it?'........'I don't still have receipts for most of my clothes, how do I prove the value?'

When did I become so sensible and organised??

Well; the man told me to take a picture of myself holding each item; and in the photograph to have a piece of paper stuck to the wall with my name, date of birth and Insurance Policy Number on it. 

So that's what I've spent the afternoon doing with my mum. In reality, it actually took almost as long for us (mummy) to get to grips with how the camera worked, as it did to take all 47 photographs. The woman can answer most questions on University Challenge; she can assist women giving birth; but a Nikon camera proved to be a (temporary) complex confusion.

Bless...and thank you mummy. For photographing my stuff. And giving me life, and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment