Wednesday 14 March 2012

Police DNA Spray and Ov-Chipkaart In Amsterdam

First thing I noticed on leaving the apartment, is that if you misbehave around here, the police will spray you with their DNA.


....yes, that's what I thought too. Anyway, moving swiftly on....

I will go into more detail about the transport around Amsterdam when I get some better photographs. But basically today I figured out to get myself a Transport Pass Card; €8 for the card and €10 for credit.

It's called an Ov-Chipkaart and you beep it over a scanner when you get off and on the vehicle.


It took us about 10 - 15 minutes on the tram to get into the centre of town which believe me beats walking all that way.

My journey in cost about €1.50 of my credit. You can check your remaining credit balance and also top up the credit at several clever little machines all over the city and in the transport stations.

This card covers you for Trams, Buses and Trains.

...we're getting somewhere (that doesn't involve my poor little legs)


No comments:

Post a Comment